Sustainable Home

On January 9th, we visited Mr. Takayuki Mori at his house in Kyoto.  Mr Mori is a extraordinary ecologist. He had a vision for sustainable living in the modern society, and he demonstrated this vision through his self-designed home. At the first glance, his house appeared to be simple, but every parts of the house were meticulously thought out and designed to serve a different purpose. For example, the entrance to the house is through the basement, which applied geothermal well principle to the design allowing the house to maintain constant temperature all year round.

A trail in Mr. Mori garden

The most noticeable part of his house was his garden. His garden had more than 200 species of plants. Even the garden was well thought out and implemented. At the front of the garden, there were a variety of vegetables that can be harvested and consume. One the trail around the garden, there were small stepping stones intentionally placed in the stone staircase that would come in handy in the future when taking big steps might be a challenge for Mr. Mori.

I admired Mr. Mori’s effort in pursuing his dream of creating a sustainable home. From visiting Mr. Mori’s house, I gained great appreciation for the environment. I hope to incorporate what I have from Mr. Mori in my future career to promote sustainable living lifestyle.

Comments

1. Great, i like this

Speak Your Mind

*